"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Friday, April 2, 2010

silk slips and warhol prints

(Jacob silk slip, Winners socks, Stuart Weitzman heels)

I find some kind of childish joy when finding somewhat-wearable (according to my own morals) pieces of clothing in the lingerie department. There's just something thrilling about wearing things that most people wear under actual clothing on the exterior. This slip is one of those nice pleasures. The pink in the silk made me feel like I should include a photograph of something else pink; my beautiful andy warhol print of marilyn monroe that a friend gave me last year as a birthday gift. I try and make my room as much fun and as much a reflection of me as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment