"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Sunday, June 13, 2010

wild nights and caffine mornings


At this point in my life, I don't need security, shelter, even safety. I need freedom, inspiration and people to run with. These pictures were taken last summer during some of the most amazing days of my life. We didn't have parents, we were in America and we found out what living was like. Fireworks make me feel awake. That fourth of July was the most alive I have felt in a long time - I was completely, unquestionably sober.

Two weeks and I will be in New York City. Exploring our massive existance in a city that has seen miracles in the lackluster of every day life. It goes without saying that I will be on my own - no parents, thank god. I will document it all on the polaroid camera that I will be getting this/next week, and on this blog that has become somewhat of an informal diary. I want to create something really amazing while travelling this summer, so please mind, don't wander off. Or do, because we all know that when you're somewhere else you see more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment