"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Saturday, March 27, 2010

you walk the streets with cigarettes you hand rolled



I had a shocking epiphany a few days ago: summer is going to arrive soon (well after spring that is). After this long, dark, depressing winter I'm eagerly awaiting all things associated with this momentous season. Light, travelling, endless nights, live music playing outside, cottages, romantic beaches, mobs of crazy friends and way too much time on my hands to screw around and plan ridiculously far-fetched trips that never seem to happen. This summer will be different though, as I should hopefully be in the City of Angels for at least a couple of weeks...living life to its extent, pushing boundaries, ditching parents (all that life-changing stuff that restless teenagers are supposed to experience). Although I've never considered summer to be my favorite season, it seems to be the one where I make the most lasting memories.
Aside from the first and last picture (thrown in because they were helplessly sitting around on my laptop crying out for some purpose), all of these photographs were taken by the talented and inspiring photographer Lauren Ward. Hey, I enjoy a little hookah every once in a while. I stumbled upon Lauren's website while engaged in my daily reading of the Urban Outfitters blog, and was so in love with her work that I checked out her personal blog. These shots make me ache for summer, and love, and riots and make me want to get more into photography over the next little while.

NYC/DC pictures from my March Break trip coming soon...
as will some of my writing projects hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment