"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, March 1, 2010

the silver factory

(vintage lace shirt, thrifted band tshirt, winners fur vest & socks, american apparel shorts, stuart weitzman heels)

A while ago back around December I forced my brother to take a few shots of me in this grand getup (those younger brothers do come in handy at times like these). If my memory is not too screwed up I believe I was inspired by a kind of bebe buell-meets-edie sedgewick mood. I found the first shot of Bebe Buell and Stiv Batros online; not only is she stunning (which explains how she got all the rockers), but she always looks like she's just having so much fun with life. Like every day is this wild party kind of fun. If that snapshot of her and Stiv isn't evidence enough of that I don't know what is. So with this devil may care spirit I set out to put on something fun, unpredictable and insupressible. Then for the hell of it I threw on my guitar, which unfortunately is insie its case so you can't really see the pretty color - an old school daphne blue.

This outfit is definite proof that you can have fun with dressing, and everything except the heels was surprisingly affordable. Fur vest included.

No comments:

Post a Comment