"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Woodstock 1969

(Theory dress, browns wedges, and other than that I am not wearing any other clothing)

Welcome to my revisitation of woodstock. The first picture is of some crazy crowd during the 1969 woodstock celebrations...found it on google (which is how you know it must be authentic). The rest of the pictures are of me enjoying myself in some random woods, throwing the pretty dress around having a damn good time and what not. I usually don't gravitate towards floral patterns, but this dress (which I am sorry to say I borrowed from a friend) is not only super comfortable, but the print reminds me of one of those flowy dresses you'd throw on for a summer night out in some old school seaside town after a long sunburnt day at the beach - enjoy the odd reference. It also clearly has subconciously reminded me of woodstock because that has turned into the theme of this post.

So turn on some jefferson airplane, santana, janis joplin and the who. It would have been incredible to be a part of something like that...one of the moments that changed a turbulent decade into one of the most defining moments of rocknroll history (not to mention the mad drugs). Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment