"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Friday, May 21, 2010

smile, you're in Neverland


No classes and what do I do with my time? Study? Are you insane?! No studying for me when there are crazy random paks to disturb, Waverly Hotels to assault and all of Kensington Market to explore. Today was somewhat of an adventure day - thanks to the sun, many lifetimes spent in subway cars and the fact that my bra was (questionably) showing the entire day on purpose. Ironic how we (my friend Julia and I) chose a park infested with crawling children and dogs to roll joints in for future adventures. That's the beauty of youth...we can get away with so much. Dandilions are fun too.

Anyway, while doing a brief Kensington run (I usually spend hours looking through all the vintage treasures...and although I am known to exaggerate, I am not exaggerating when I say hours) I picked up some cheap John Lennon sun glasses - because I've been looking for a basic pair, and a lingerie top that I am going to pull another youth-stunt with by wearing it as outerwear - even though it clearly belongs under exteriors.

I'm waiting for something that will never come, but at least I can get creative with all the time spent waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment