"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, May 3, 2010

things are never certain...


From studdedhearts

I love the serenity of this photograph. Doesn't at all mirror how I am feeling about life in general at the moment, but I am hoping I will reach a similar level of peace soon. I just found out I will be spending three weeks in New York City this summer...then head to LA for maybe two weeks. Still working the crazy bits out but this could really turn out to be a dream. A dream summer, I mean. So many things are still up in the air, unsettled, unplanned...leaving a gaping abyss in which things can go wrong.

This week I have no classes or school (thank god, I was starting to wish I could burn that goddamn place to the ground), so I am going to try and work on getting things set in stone. I am going to LA for minimum 2 weeks, regardless of what others say, think, believe. I have permission from my legal guardians and that is all that matters. Hopefully my friend will be able to accompany me...and we can have two incredible weeks where I can make things happen, dance and spend every endless night on the sunset strip loving life. And the more I get to thinking about my three weeks in nyc, the more ideas I get...I've never been good with reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment