"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

going to california with an aching in my heart


Incredible photography by the talented andrew kuykendall. I don't think I have ever been more inspired to head down to california this summer...with maybe a polaroid camera and some beautiful friends. I am making a mental note to find a quintessential american motel to take vintage-looking photos in front of. I love the rawness of these pictures more than anything though. Kuykendall has a way of taking ordinary california settings and turning them into a backdrop for grungey glamour. Check out his blog http://andrewkuykendall.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment