"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Thursday, April 22, 2010

in the cold, cold night


These were taken this winter, around the distillery district where my friend and I decided to screw around with her beautiful camera. We had fun dashing through back doors of restaurants and prancing around in dresses in minus thirty degree weather. My knees look funny in the last shot..but can you blame me? I was probably entering the premiere stages of hypothermia. The hat makes me look suspiciously Russian...

I like these adventures; I wouldn't ask for anything else
Not knowing how you're going to spend the day, being permanently broke
All you have is a camera and a pack of gum
Sometimes Toronto's not so bad...
And then sometimes I can't wait to get the hell out of here

No comments:

Post a Comment