"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

sam's town


Nobody ever had a dream round here,

but I don't really mind and/that it's starting to get to me
Nobody ever pulls the seams round here,
but I don't really mind and/that it's starting to get to me

I took the shuttle on a shock-wave ride,

where the people on the pen pull the trigger for accolade
I took a bullet, and I looked inside
Running through my veins
An American masquerade

I still remember Grandma Dixie's wake,
I never really known anybody to die before
Red white and blue upon a birthday cake,
My brother, he was born on the fourth of the July...and that's all


- Sam's town, the killers

No comments:

Post a Comment