"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

nostalgia in the form of photographs


This shot was taken about a year ago by my friend and photographer Victoria - note the V I am holding.

For some reason I am getting ridiculously nostalgic right now, I miss being as carefree as I was last year. I liked having fun and not having to worry about consequences...things were so much surer.
Maybe this is coming from my summer adventures that aren't completely set in stone. And because it's me these adventures are on the riskier side; it could go either way. Aw well, it keeps things interesting...I probably wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish I had that summertime mindset, the one with possibilities and feeling that everything will work out in the end. It'll come.

No comments:

Post a Comment