"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Saturday, April 3, 2010

elvis presley and america


I took these in Florida over the Christmas break. They make me happy. I miss the nights more than anything. It seems like everywhere I go the nights are what really make me nostalgic - things seem more possible at night when everything is encompassed in dark, making everything seem more alive in some strange way. I miss these nights in particular when there was alwas some live hippie musician playing Tom Petty, while we ate at seaside restaurants clad in white christmas lights and you couldn't tell where the black ocean ended and the sky began...except sometimes by the full moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment