"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Thursday, April 22, 2010

velvet records

via studdedhearts

Chloe Sevigny is so cool. She is not only incredibly unique looking, but versatile and somewhat stoic looking. The first four shots are so summery, so effortlessly edgy and real. They look like they were taken by a (skilled) friend with a vintage polaroid camera..such an old school effect. They make me want to spend the summer dancing around and listening to vinyls with all my friends in some California house, maybe in a Nirvana shirt. The last two photographs are also so goddamn brilliant. She looks like a sixties film star on downers.

I am tired, I am weary

I could sleep for a thousand years
A thousand dreams that would awake me
Different colors made of tears

- Lou Reed & the Velvet Underground, Venus in Furs

No comments:

Post a Comment