"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Sunday, April 25, 2010

masked dreamers


via studdedhearts (this editorial is magical)


A jaded consciousness studded with throbbing impulse

To see in technicolor is to see miracles
Twisted ambition carries me further than my weary legs
If I could install a record player in my head, I would
Playing the music of my existence
How it collaborates with everyone else’s to make magic
Sometimes we have to fight to a considerable magnitude
With demons the result of incessant illusion
You cannot pin me down or I will bolt out of grasp

Did you ever think that maybe life is a dream?


I wrote this poem a while ago and thought it complimented the dream-like editorial nicely. I feel dazed just looking at the perfectly blurry photographs. It's a content daze, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment