"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls...but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There was nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Sunday, April 4, 2010

in love with a girl on lsd

Human Explosion
Illuminated Manuscript
Peace and Noise
Self Portrait

Patti Smith is one of my favorite (if not, my true favorite) artist of all time. Poet, rocker, storyteller, artist. Her work in all these mediums are beautiful, and they never fail to amaze me. These paintings are her expressions of life during the hungry years - as she puts them - in Brooklyn in the 60s. She was broke, she was starving, she was harboring immense talent. Everyone was on acid and everyone was an artist of some sort and it was all beautiful. Through her struggles came wonderful works though, and these paintings are examples of that. One day I want to do something like this.

She says of Illuminated Manuscript: The illuminated manuscripts are a temporal compromise. they allow me the freedom to create (at this time of my life) until ready to totally commit myself to exploration of the image.

It is my choice to commit myself to communication (mass) thru sound via electric guitar. this is my art. this is my art and this is my promise. this is my promise and this is my prison. my palace. (this is what the words in the background say)



No comments:

Post a Comment